The Register of Clinical Technologists (RCT) is committed to protecting your privacy, including your personal data. We will be the data controller under applicable data protection laws of any personal data which we collect from or about you in connection with the provision of our services. This policy sets out the basis on which we will process your personal data. If you have any queries about this policy or how we use your data, you can contact us using the contact details below.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you make an application for registration to the RCT or contact us in person, by telephone, by email or by post. We will also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete registrant surveys or when you provide feedback to us.
Information may also be collected about you when you visit our website (for example via cookies) such as your IP address and other browser-generated information.
What information will we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your contact details, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Your date of birth;
- Your employment status.
In some cases, you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us but if you have requested information or a service from us we will not be able to provide it without certain information such as your contact details.
How we will use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your application for registration;
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it;
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you;
- For payment verification;
- To enable you to participate in marketing promotions and surveys;
- To generate statistics relating to our registrants although we do not use personally identifiable information for this purpose;
- To provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those you have already requested from us;
- To notify you of changes to our services; and
- To help improve the services we provide to you.
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, the legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described above, except where we require your consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose, as identified above.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information:
- To investigate activities believed to be a breach of the Code of Conduct to which you signed up to at the point of your application for registration with the RCT.
We will not lend or sell your information to third parties.
Storage of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the relevant purpose it was collected for as set out above in this policy and for as long as we are required or permitted to keep it by law.
We retain copies of registrants’ applications forms in order to enable us to deal with any issues relating to the application.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your personal information.
You have the following rights which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below.
- To ask us not process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- To access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- To obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erase under certain circumstances.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Any substantive changes we make to our policy in the future will be notified to you in writing but we would advise you to check the website regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most up-to-date version.
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding this policy or you would like to exercise any of your rights set out above you can contact us at:
Post: The Register of Clinical Technologists, Fairmount House, 230 Tadcaster Road, York, YO24 1ES
To download a copy of this policy, click here.